Monday 20 April 2015

Sam congdon First Summer Vacation was Grueling

My first summer was grueling.sam congdon lived in Hillsdale but commuted to Battle Creek. The drive takes one hour each way. So on top of the already packed schedule I was spending two hours a day commuting. It was a mistake to get an apartment in Hillsdale for the summer but live and learn I guess.

When I first started my painting work, most of my friends and fellow students thought that I was not making a very good decision. In hindsight I would probably have told myself the same things if I were them. But, fortunately I didn’t listen to their opinions. The summer was exhausting. There were times that I felt like giving up. There were days that went very badly. But through it all sam congdon learned some incredibly valuable lessons that I use to this day. I learned how to run a business, I learned how to sell, I learned how to interact with homeowners and adults and how to carry myself responsibly and I learned how to damage people. And at the end of the day I made significantly more money than most of my fellow college students who went home and worked no-brainer type jobs or free internships. It was a demanding, grueling, tiring summer but I wouldn’t go back and change it for the world. Learning how to run a business was, and is what has given me the ability to work for myself and be a full-time entrepreneur.

During the summer I actually landed to commercial jobs, one was a hotel, and one was a factory. Mostly our company painted residential homes. But doing work on a hotel or factory or other commercial property was a huge bonus and helped tremendously. We even painted an auto parts store complete with horizontal dual colored stripes! It certainly wasn’t what we normally did but our employees did an excellent job. Working with homeowners and business managers was another invaluable experience that taught me many good lessons that I used to this day.

As I said earlier, many of my fellow students didn’t think I would succeed. However, they were wrong. I stuck it out, even though there were days that I wanted to just quit and leave. And one of my biggest critics, when I returned to school, asked me how I had done and to this day I remember showing him my financial statement. After that, no one has questioned my ability to run a painting business or a business in general.

sam congdon managed for two more years in the city of Battle Creek Michigan and things went very well. The second and third years were much easier in part because of my experience but also because I lived in the city I was managing in. Eating rid of a two hour a day commute was an enormous help.sam congdon also had a little more free time in the summers and enjoyed jogging, rollerblading and going home to Washington state for a little vacation.
Location: 1500 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75093, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.